Saturday, March 9, 2013

Paris: Day One

Bonjour!

Well it is officially spring break at University of Kentucky. This year I am spending it in the City of Love with my parents (aka Paris, France). Today is our first day and might I say, it has definitely been an exhausting one. Our flight left from Cincinnati at 5:30 p.m. and then we arrived in Paris at 8 a.m. local time. So our dilemma was if you don't sleep on the plane, you really don't get any sleep at all. Well we didn't sleep on the plane. Planes are just not very comfortable. So the flight was a solid 8 hours and then we had a nauseating taxi ride into the city for another 50 minutes. Then our flat wasn't ready for us yet so we waited with all of our luggage in a cafe nearby for an hourish. So putting all that on top of the lack of sleep, its safe to say we were pretty exhausted. After unpacking, my parents and I decided it was nap time. Although my nap was more of a slumber (6 hours...). My parents went exploring while I was asleep. I must have been very tired because I didn't hear them leave or come back. They woke me up when they returned though and I got ready for dinner and we headed out into the city. Our neighborhood is nice because there are a lot of shops and restaurants close by. The restaurant we decided on ended up being Italian, which is odd considering we're in France. You would think we would get French food at least the first night. Its kind of funny though because when we first got to London last summer, we walked around the neighborhood and settled on a French restaurant and now that we're here, we went to an Italian restaurant. We are the strangest people. The food was quite delicious though. I had French onion soup for an appetizer, fettuccine alfredo for a meal, and creme brulee for dessert. And of course champagne all throughout the meal. It is so fun being able to order alcohol. It makes me feel so grown up and sophisticated. So now that I am a little buzzed and very full from dinner, I feel it should be bedtime. We have a big day tomorrow; I just have two words for you: Notre Dame! So excited! I'll fill you in tomorrow about more of my adventures.

Much love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment