Thursday, May 8, 2014

Chester, Day Two

We had a very relaxing day in Chester today. We started off the day with breakfast in a restaurant called Carluccio's with Dad's coworkers. I had some scrambled eggs and mushrooms over a piece of toast, as well as a white chocolate mocha and a chocolate croissant. It was delicious.

Mom and me sampling the coffee and croissants
Dad and his coworkers left the restaurant early while mom and I slowly finished up and then we went back to the hotel to clean up for the day before heading out. Our first stop today was the Chester Cathedral.

I am the tiny stick in the bottom left corner.
We must have missed a sign somewhere that said when the cathedral was built because I don't know, but the oldest date we found on a stone there was 1140, so we assume it is quite old. There were lots of beautiful stained glass windows as well as a cute little garden area in the center.


Then mom and I went for a little shopping spree. We encountered lots of fun boutique-type stores. I'm not sure if it is a chain or not, but my favorite was called Rock Bottom, where I got a pretty reasonably priced dress. I also enjoyed Cath Kidston, which had a wide assortment of objects with fun prints. I got a cute flowery sunglasses case as well as a luggage tag. We also came across a delicious patisserie. I had some delicious blueberry ice cream and my mom had a chocolate eclair, which was especially tasty. We think that the English must use clotted cream instead of custard to fill their eclairs because it was much creamier and way yummier. We are hoping to go back to this patisserie soon because they have a delicious sounding waffle dessert with ice cream and chocolate syrup piled on top.

Our shopping trip was cut short when the rain started to pour (it was an outdoor shopping center) so we hustled back to the hotel. I took a little nap and then we got ready for dinner. Dad had a business dinner to go to so it was just Mom and me dining this evening. We went to an Indian restaurant called the Koconut Grove, which was quite tasty. Mom and I shared the chicken tikka massala and I had some garlic naan on the side. I will admit, I was hoping for some butter chicken, but this satisfied my Indian craving just as well. I really need to start trying some Indian restaurants in Lexington. I crave it far too often.

So now we are back at our hotel at 9:30 p.m., feeling like we are ready to pass out. Not an exciting end to our day. We might as well get plenty of sleep while we can though before our day trip to Liverpool tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment