Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Did You Miss Me / The Effects of Flying

Day 1: 3:01 a.m. USA time/ 8:01 a.m. UK time
Location: The air above Manchester

My body thinks it's time for sleep, but my jet lag informs me that the day is only starting. The joys of flying eastward. I am nearly 15 minutes away from landing in my favorite place in the world: England. Nearly two years after my ten day spree in London and Ireland, here we are again in the United Kingdom, well almost. Our plane has been going in circles for about ten minutes now in order to wait for our turn to be 'vectored' by flight control at the Manchester airport, whatever that means. My dad would know if he were here. He has become quite the flying guru these days. He arrived here three days earlier than my mom and me to begin his main purpose for coming on this trip; his company is opening a branch in the city of Chester, which is about three hours NW of London for those who are geographically unaware. We are about to embark on a ten day journey through England, and I couldn't be more excited. If only we would land. From my plane window, the English countryside looks like a patchwork quilt, filled with varying shades of green.



I guess that's what you would expect when you are 12,000 feet above the ground. I think it's beautiful. If only I could use that quilt to wrap myself up in; this plane is rather chilly. It doesn't matter that I only got an hour of sleep and that the plane food lived up to every horrible stereotype in the book (I'm practically famished). I'm in my happy place now and can't wait for the adventure that I know is just beginning. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment