Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Spain, Day Thirty-Four

For the first time since I had gotten to Spain (which is over a month at this point), it rained. And I mean it poured with thunder and lightening and everything! So what do you do when it rains? Well the first thing you do is get caught up on your blogs. But then, you make a frozen pizza and have everyone crowd around your tiny laptop screen and watch Guardians of the Galaxy (this movie has actually become the theme of our trip now so that's pretty cool). But after we finished watching Starlord and the other guardians save the planet Xandar, the rain had finally come to a halt, so we headed out to do some more shopping, naturally. We actually came across a pretty cool luxury shopping mall, which only had about twelve stores in it. There was an upscale pet store inside where I almost bought the fluffiest dog I have ever seen in my life. Sadly, there was no way to get it home though and I think my cat, Bing, would not appreciate this addition to the family, so I had to walk away.

We saw this dude while we were out and thought it looked like a good photo op. This is right outside the Madrid Wax Museum.
After our brief shopping adventure in a very upscale part of Madrid, we headed home to get cleaned up for dinner. We were excited to find a British pub in our neighborhood that was owned by a real Brit! There was no language barrier at all when we tried to order our food; it was so great! I thoroughly enjoy the tapas life here, but I was so excited so have a meat-and-potatoes meal for the first time in over a month. This brings us to today's palabra del dia, which is Inglaterra. This is just how the Spanish refer to "England" in the same way that we call their country Spain, but they call it Espana. I still think its ridiculous that we can't just call countries and cities what they want to be called but I guess nobody asked me.

One of the best meals I've had in Madrid. Don't skip out on Bristolbar if you are ever in the Chueca neighborhood!

Yes, this is me wearing a Queen Elizabeth mask...
After a delicious meal and some good photos, we headed home to start getting packed up and prepare ourselves for our last day in Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment