Saturday, June 6, 2015

Spain, Day Twenty-Seven

Today was very much a relaxing day for me. It was the first official day that I had no obligations for my class any longer and I was free to do as I pleased. I slept in until 10:30, had my usual breakfast of toast with Nutella, and then slept for another hour. My main mission for the day was to get all caught up on my blog posts on here, as well as finish my last homework blog for my class. I also had to complete a survey for the UK Study Abroad website to discuss my time here in Spain in order to receive the credit I earned here (side note: I got an A!). So after I managed to get all that stuff under control, I was pretty exhausted, so I took another nap naturally. Then once I woke up, I started planning out the next leg of my trip, Madrid con mis padres! If you haven't guessed it, that phrase is our palabra del dia. Con = with, mis = my (plural), and padres = parents. So, Madrid with my parents. I have become quite fond of Madrid since I have been spending so much time here, but I unfortunately don't have much to say about its tourist attractions. There just aren't as many sights to see like there are in London, Paris, or Rome. So much to my dad's dismay, I have scheduled shopping trips in various neighborhoods pretty much every day.

After I had made our schedule and gotten it padre approved, I decided I should probably get some fresh air and leave the apartment. It was also right about dinner time, so Maria and I scarfed down a quick dinner at our host mom's apartment and then headed to the streets. Our main attraction for the night was a club called El Kapital. It's actually a pretty Americanized club. It has seven floors, each with its own music theme. My favorite was the main floor, which just had regular American music. It was rather expensive to get in though (€18! But it comes with one free drink). We also managed to make some friends while we were there who go to Citadel in Charleston, SC. All in all, a pretty fun night but I don't know that I'm looking to go out to a club that expensive again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment