Sunday, June 7, 2015

Spain, Day Twenty-Eight

My last full day at my host mom's house began with a bit of good news. Around 11 a.m., ISA (the company we used for our study abroad program) called to let us know that our luggage (today's palabra del dia: equipaje, pronounced "eh-key-paw-hey") had arrived from Rome! We were actually already on our way out the door when they called so it couldn't have been more perfect timing. So naturally, we raced to the ISA office, where we were already headed to return a book and our Spanish phones, and picked up our long-lost luggage of five days. We had really started sweating considering Maria had to leave the next day and the ISA office was going to be closed then, so this was really the last possibility for us to get our suitcase. So after we ran our errands, we came back to our host mom's to unpack it and then start repacking for our exit the following day. We really spent most of the afternoon tidying everything up and just relaxing. I finished the book I was reading (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon if anyone is curious, and yes I recommend it!), which was perfect timing since I had arranged for my parents to bring me the sequel when they arrived the next day.

After we got everything organized, we had a quick dinner and then decided to head out to the Mercado de San Miguel for some dessert. This market is very similar to the one from my Seville trip, if you can recall that blog post from about two weeks ago (time flies, huh?). There were little kiosks set up all across the building with different themes. Although I spotted a mozzarella stand that had some delicious looking cracker/cheese combos, I headed for the dessert where I had a refreshing glass of sangria and some chocolate mousse pastry thing. A perfect way to top off the wonderful program we had with UK Education Abroad.

Cheers to a great program!
On our way home from San Miguel, we actually ran into some of our roommates at 100 Montaditos (where else? It's everyone's favorite place) and sat down for yet another snack and some small talk. And then even more of a coincidence, the army boys from the previous night at Kapital walked by our table. It was only two guys from the group of nine but they still chatted with us for an hour or two anyways. It was actually a really fun night filled with lots of laughter and even a proposal–be sure to congratulate my roommate Maria on her engagement!



The happy couple (they were just being goofy, this isn't real)

It was really a superb way to finish up my program. I couldn't be more pleased with how the first leg of this trip wrapped up, and am very excited to see how the next part with my parents goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment